Thursday, October 11, 2007

PRATIBHA WRITES TO PRATIBHATAI-PLEASE LOOK AT US

PRATIBHA WRITES TO PRATIBHATAI-PLEASE LOOK AT US


VIDARBHA FARM WIDOWS URGED TO INDIAN PREZ. TO SAVE THOUSANDS OF DYING FARM WIDOWS

Please find open letter written by vidarbha farm widows to the president of India on her first visit to vidarbha on 13rd October-2007 ,in order to focus the plights of vidarbha farm widows ,we are making it public.


TO,

SMT.PRATIBHATAI PATIL

PRESIDENT OF INDIA

DEW DELHI-110011.

In you address first time as president of India,resptd Partibhatai I was touched with words JE KA RANJALE GANJALE TYASSI MHANE JO APULE,THETHECHI SADHU OLKHAWA THETHECHI DEV JANAWHA” that-those who loved and served deprived poor people that saint and there you find the god.

I am one those 6000 farm widows who are innocent victims of agrarian crisis now facing starvation ,I, 20 year old widow is fighting for my survival beg to submit as under that I was married to young graduate cotton farmer of village Somnala named Rameshwar Kuchankar in june-2006 but after six months my husband committed suicide in cotton yard of Pandharkawada in December-2006 .In the suicide note my husband wrote addressing chief minister of Maharashtra that collection centre in wani still not started ,in order to get proper price for cotton I am committing suicide ,I will not allow you to sleep till chief minister gives rate to cotton .Same suicide note futher adds that depty chief minister R.R PatiL; should give rate RS.3000/- per quintal other wise farmers suicide will increase.my husband,lastly asked me that “pratibha mala maph kar” –pratibha please forgive me and remarry .

Now after 11 months have passed since my husband has committed suicide ,I am leaving in hostile condition ,till date neither any officer visit nor relief aid has been given to me .my father spent rs.4 lacs in my marriage dreaming of very happy life for me but every thing went wrong driving him in deep despondency and gloom .I have younger sister and brother who always talks about ny husband suicide along with other villagers.My father-in-laws say that it is due to me they lost their young son.

I am very much disturbed due to humiliation from society and total apathy from Govt.I was happy when women from vidarbha become THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA and moreover I was very much delighted when you said that you will be working for deprived class of people hence I am writing this with high hopes that in cotton growing part of west vidarbha thousand of farm widows like me are struggling for life.

My husband suicide has raised certain questions before Govt. and this civil society but there is no will with any political parties have follow up.

When nobody is helping us from society and administration one PRATIBHA has approached to another PRATIBHATAI requesting her to take her closer and give economic strength so that she can live further life

with respect and diginity.

Thanking You,

Yours Faithfully,

PRATIBHA RAMESHAWAR KUCHANKAR

No comments: